This new version of PrestaShop is being released into a marketplace already filled with many good e-commerce platforms.
Magento, Intershop, Demandware, LemonStand, Volusion, and Shopify are all examples of PrestaShop 1.6 competitors that address one or more segments of the rapidly growing e-commerce platform market.
PrestaShopâ€™s latest release demonstrates that it is a significant and capable player in that market. In the end, as e-commerce platform makers compete and add features, it is the merchant using these ever-improving platforms that benefits. Read the full article at http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/65550-PrestaShop-1-6-Adds-Improved-Business-Intelligence-Other-Features
The New Features of PrestaShop v1.6
- Redesigned fully responsive Back-Office simplifies management and allows online merchants to access their back-office dashboard 24/7 from any mobile device, tablet, or computer.
- Real-time net profit margin is a unique e-commerce feature â€“ available only in PrestaShop v1.6 â€“ that enables merchants to view their sales and profits instantly, any minute of the day.
- Intelligent merchant KPIs are located throughout the Back-Office and provide merchants with advanced insights such as percentage of abandoned carts, best-selling products of the month, percentage of male vs. female customers, and much more.
- Live template edits from Front-Office allow merchants to change the look of their online storefront instantly without any advanced technical knowledge.
- Revamped fully responsive Front-Office template is sleek with conversion-oriented enhancements designed to increase sales including advanced menu navigation, add-to cart confirmation with cross selling, a new quick product view feature and the same visual experience across all mobile and computer devices.
- New technologies including Bootstrap 3.0, SaaS Compass, FontAwesome and D3 Data Driven Documents enable greater site accessibility, performance and flexibility to facilitate merchant success. Combined, these technologies are what make PrestaShop v1.6 fully responsive and allow for live configurations to the online storefront templates.
Since its launch in 2007, PrestaShop, which just secured $9.3 million in a Series B round of funding, has helped merchants process more than $15 billion in sales with its powerful, user-friendly open source e-commerce software. PrestaShopâ€™s freemium business model allows merchants to build and manage an online store at no cost. Merchants can also fully customize their online store with 310+ built-in features and can choose from thousands of features, modules and templates available on PrestaShopâ€™s Official Marketplace for additional fees. PrestaShopâ€™s active community has a member base that includes developers contributing everything from code to templates, and from translation and localization in more than 60 languages.
To download PrestaShop v.1.6, please visit http://www.prestashop.com/en/download.
This new release is the smartest and most beautiful PrestaShop version to date! Download PrestaShop 1.6 now at www.prestashop.com
@DenverProphitJr Nice! Have you tried it yet?
— PrestaShop (@PrestaShop) March 31, 2014